fot

Re: Where to buy 15x6 race wheels?

To: rkramer3@austin.rr.com
Subject: Re: Where to buy 15x6 race wheels?
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 05:44:05 GMT
I have been buying 15x7 zero offset panasports.  They are the same as what fit
on 240Z Datsuns.  Not sure what offset you would need. I am using long 1/2"
studs and had to do a little massaging of the ID of the stud holes in the
wheels to get them over the ends of the studs.  I have been getting them from a
fellow racer/prep shop owner (Kim Graff) in NY and he always beat the price of
any other supplier.  I would also pick them up and save on the shipping.  I can
get you his number if you are interested.  Joe(B)

-- "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com> wrote:
Now that my TR4 is on it's way to Japan, I have to get serious about
finishing the TR4A. I will need a set of 15X6 wheels. I bought the last set
from
K-Speed and they were a very affordable $765.00 for a set of 4 with 7/16"
lugnuts. Paul Spruell Alfa has quoted $265.00 a wheel for the 1/2" lugnut
variety, saying it will require special machining to fit the TR pattern. I
thought I remembered the K-speed people telling me that the standard TR6
Panasports would fit either 7/16 or 1/2" with appropriate lugnuts. Has
anyone bought wheels recently and/or is there a better idea out there? The
Superlights are only 160.00 apiece for 15x6, and they have to be special
ordered to get steel inserts for racing. I've never liked the looks of those
compared to Panasports and worry about quality since they are cheaper.

Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com

Speed up your surfing with NetZero HiSpeed.
Now includes pop-up blocker!
Only $14.95/month -visit http://www.netzero.com/surf to sign up today!