fot

Possibility of rebirth of Triumph?

To: <fot@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Possibility of rebirth of Triumph?
From: "jrhill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:40:49 -0600
Tim Suddard wrote:

> I suggested a retro TR3 looking car based on the BMW Z-4 with
> the 2.0 liter four cylinder BMW uses in Europe, since the original
> TR3 had a 2.0 liter four cylinder.
> . . .
> What do you guys think? Would you buy it? What should it cost? Should
> it be called the TR1 since the name was never really used or the TR9?

Wouldn't "TR3C" be the logical successor?

And before we get too excited about the prospects, you might consider the
fate of BMW's retro-Healey -- named the "Project Warwick" due to conflicts
over the use of the Healey name. A gorgeous show car, with a Z8 chassis and
a 343 hp3.2-liter M3 straight six, but that's as far as it got. You can see
it at: http://www.myaustinhealey.com/project_warwick.html

Jim Hill