fot

Re: aerodynamics question

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: aerodynamics question
From: "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 13:30:29 -0600
With the NASCAR cars, the blocked off air goes over the car and provides
downforce via their finely sculpted bonnets. With the TR4, air blocked by
the grill will go where ever it can. I think that the air forced down would
add to the front end lift from the increase in air under the car. Air that
escapes up would do the same if it hits the front lip of the hood. With no
where else to go, you'd probably see some increase in whatever grill opening
there is . Maybe we can reshape the bonnet leading edge to get air over the
top and provide downforce?
Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com