fot

Re: FoT Midwest Spitfire Guy Needs Help-Now!

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: FoT Midwest Spitfire Guy Needs Help-Now!
From: "Gary & Gretchen" <garygret@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 15:38:06 -0600
Joe, Tom,

You bet let's do it! The MC driver's schools are the best time you can have
IMHO. I go each year when there are openings just for the track time. Info is
attached. Notice the deadlines are fast approaching. Officially you were
supposed to be a Council member yesterday, but the more critical one is you
need a medical form in by March 25. There is also a mandatory "ground school"
the prior Sunday April 3 in Rockford - depending on your location that can be a
wrinkle. Bunny's husband Bill is the Madison Sports Car Club membership guy at
membership@madisonsportscarclub.com and 815-624-7799. (I think there's a
membership form on our website www.madisonsportscarclub.com but it seems to be
down at this moment.) You can join any of the nine MC clubs - I think we have
the most fun in Madison but I'm kinda biased.

You can register by mail or online for the Apr. 9 school at:
http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmEventDetail.Show?psevent_id=2866

The wheel-to-wheel race on Sunday the 10th you can register for at the track
Saturday night, since it's contingent on having your shiny new Novice permit
from the school. Although we only fail about one complete bozo a year, the
instructors all vote on whether they'd feel comfortable racing with you. An MC
license is honored by most of the vintage groups.

I'm chief steward for the school Saturday and can provide moral and technical
support.

My friend Jeff Senty loves and races Spits and has tons of stuff. I'd suggest
giving him a call or email for tire advice. 608-882-5236, gp89@charter.net.
Gary Schneider
Madison Sports Car Club