fot

Re: Driver's School

To: "Ken Gano, home" <triumphs@consolidated.net>
Subject: Re: Driver's School
From: "Gary & Gretchen" <garygret@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:48:18 -0600
Ken,
Short of a formal race school with Nomex and all, there are several marque
groups that put on track days and usually accept "outsiders" to help pay the
bills. You'd want to ask about roll bar requirements: most on-track events
require them in open cars these days. For example see PCA events at
http://www.pca-chicago.org/?getpage=21 , AROC at
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~alfa/gingerman.htm and BMWCCA at
http://www.bmwcca.org/services/calfset.shtml. The commercial group NASA has
them at various tracks too http://www.nasaproracing.com/hpde/ butI kinda
hate to recommend the competition for all of us non-profit clubs.

Gary Schneider