fot

Mitty

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Mitty
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 08:11:51 -0500
Misc comments:

I had a great time. Helping make it a great time was Tom Strange who put up
the big top, Joe Alexander and Mike Jackson and Tim Suddard and Richard
Taylor who made it happen.

We should also thank HSR for hosting us. Without the FOT and MG folks,
there would have been no little British Cars there. HSR folks had to give
up lots of track time to give our two groups track time.

Pace car behavior was truly weird. It makes me appreciate good pace car
drivers, never before a consideration for me.

Mike Munson and Bill Babcock were two people with the most resilient
attitudes I've seen -- both still smiling even after having to thrash way
too much.

Kas was class -- I wish I had been there when the guy who came through
looking for Kas finally caught up with him. Seems this guy raced in
California in the 60's, and Kas was his instructor. Speaking of which, Kas'
comments at the dinner were just right - just right length, just right
attitude. Thanks, Kas.

Goofy mechanical things that happen:

Taylor and a stuck thermostat and stuck valves
Munson with a slipped disc
Korey with a failed master switch (good to have a spare one!)
Drews with a drooping float bowl
Drews with a disconnected sway bar - my excuse for being passed by Joe
Drews with a failed steering rack mount. Thanks for the welder, Brumos.
Alexander with one carb working

Just your typical race weekend, except it was with a super bunch of people.

uncle jack