fot

RE: Soft Mounting SU's

To: "'Don Marshall'" <marshall@nefcom.net>,
Subject: RE: Soft Mounting SU's
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 11:26:16 -0700
I'd expect that would not solve the problem. A critical part of vibration
damping mounts is that they be shallow enough in relationship the O-rings on
each side to enable a wide range of vibrations to be damped. Deep mounting
blocks are like long levers. They resist pivoting rapidly.

Once again, my knowledge here is more bike-based than cars. But that was an
important engineering fix on ducatis back when they had carbs. They had long
heat isolator mounts, but the long mounts made the carbs froth. They
shortened the mount slightly and added an anti-vibration mount that looked
just like Weber mounts--spring washers and all. They had an exhaustive
session at the factory school about the development of the bits and how to
use them. All delivered in broken English by the factory wizard mechanic
named Valentino. "Da longa spaazer meks da caaaaaerborator shak too mush.
Feels da bool wit fom. Donna tahtin de zhort spaazer too mush or it donna
work. Fo you anglisha guz, tirti tousan feela."