fot

Re: Good Parts

To: rob <19to1tr6@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Good Parts
From: Richard Good <goodparts@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 08:07:46 -0400
Thanks for the kind comments.

There are a couple of reasons for my decision to use only one adjuster.

First, it is my theory that the adjuster serves no purpose in keeping
the pivot bolt in place after it is torqued. It would stay in place in
the slots without the adjuster. The original bolts have some clearance
in the holes in the brackets and they do not wiggle up and down in the
holes during use. The adjuster keeps the bolt in place when it is
loosened for adjustment and allows a controlled adjustment to be made.

Having two adjusters would make it possible to force the pivot bolt at
an angle and cause binding of the bushings. Adjustments would have to be
made very carefully on each side to keep the pivot bolts in a straight
line with each other. Using one adjuster allows the pivot bolt to align
itself at the free end.

Feedback is always welcome. It is very helpful to hear how things are
working out in the field.

Regards,
Richard Good
Good Parts