fot

RE: C/R Gear Box-TR3/4/6

To: "Larry Young" <cartravel@pobox.com>, "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: C/R Gear Box-TR3/4/6
From: "barry rosenberg" <britcars@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 07:36:15 -0400
      I have a race (locked) diff with a 4.55 gear set in it but I am not
sure if I am ready to part with it. I also have one with a set of 4.88 gears
in it. For fun, low profile tires and the 4.88 gear make a very quick TR4A,
just not fast on top end. Are you looking for a set for vintage racing or
auto crossing? For racing, they would not be very good for any tracks I know
of. Even short ones like Roebling Road outside of Savannah. A better choice
might be the 4.33 set with overdrive of course. They had been available from
Australia. I do not know what they are from but have had a set from there.
Too bad the driver melted them!  Barry