fot

Mallory dual point dizzy [was Non VTR help needed

To: jaboruch@netzero.net
Subject: Mallory dual point dizzy [was Non VTR help needed
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 12:24:32 -0400
Joe Boruch wrote:
>I have not found anything more reliable than the Mallory Dual Point.

I've been running a Mallory DP on my TR6 for a great many years, and
it has been great.  Marty Sukey indicated that he received a new unit
for his TR6 - I thought they were NLA.

I run the Mallory DP because of the Webers (no vacume).  However, it
would not be my first choice.  I ran a DP on my Pantera for a number of
years and was always plagued by very ocassional random rough running
which I incorrectly diagnosed as a clogged Holley jets.  I don't know how
mant times I stripped the carb.

One of the joys of a Pantera is to pull out the firewall, hook up any
diagnostic
equipment to the motor and plonk it in the passenger seat.  One day I was
setting
timing and the noticed the timing light jumping all over the place!  So my
problem
was the DP.  I ripped the sucker out, popped in a billet MSD, and picked up
another
10 HP on the dyno.

It was with considerable glee that I tossed that DP into the path of a large
earthmover.

Today, my choice for the TR6 would be to run a recurved full centrifugal
advance Lucas.

Shane Ingate in Maryland