fot

RE: alloy head, for 6 cylinder & RULES!!!

To: <Fubog1@aol.com>, "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: alloy head, for 6 cylinder & RULES!!!
From: "barry rosenberg" <britcars@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 07:43:38 -0400
     I used to be a SCCA tech inspector (started as a corner worker and
worked my way up). One year at the runoffs we found an Alfa in showroom
stock, which had won it's race, had over torqued the bolts that held the
limited slip clutch assembly together. This locked the discs up more than
"stock". He was disqualified. Tech inspectors are smarter than you may
think. When they see things like new aluminum heads, don't you think they
will just take a pocket knife out and scratch the head to test. Unless they
had to fly to the race location. Some and I don't necessarily mean me, would
allow their friends a little slack. I was good friends with Jim "Fitzy"
Fitzgerald. Not that he cheated. But I thought the object of vintage racing
was to stay within the era our cars were raced. If we want modern
technology, we should race newer cars or go SCCA or HSR. They are probably
the most lax group out there for vintage racing. And I like that.   Barry