fot

Re: Cam followers for 1147 engine

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cam followers for 1147 engine
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:19:50 -0600
Claus' message was sent in badly formed HTML, so the plain text
filter deleted it all as junk.  Here's what he asked:

I'm having a new cam in my Spitfire 4 engine which runs the small
diameter cam followers.&nbsp;Apparantly there is not much demand for
better (lightened, drilled, hardened or similar) followers in the
small diameter, and so far I have only found standard cam followers -
and they are actually pricier than the upgraded bigger diameter type
for the later engines.

It seems the present followers are the standard ones, and there are in
perfectly good shape after 1 1/2 season of racing. However the new cam
has more lift and will be much harder on the followers than my present
cam (which was newly fitted to the car when I bought it, and is
apparantly of standard Spitfire factory Stage 2-type), so I'd like to
make sure the valve train will take it. I'm having stronger pushrods
as well. By the way we're not allowed to bore the engine to take the
later followers, and I'm told that boring will not necessarily be
succesful either.

SO: Can anyone lead me to a supplier of good small diameter cam
followers for the 1147 engine - preferably in Europe?

Best regards,

Claus Ebberfeld
Denmark