fot

Re: battery boom.

To: gasket.works@gte.net
Subject: Re: battery boom.
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 10:33:31 EDT
In a message dated 06/20/2005 9:04:24 AM Central Daylight Time,
gasket.works@gte.net writes:

> So, lession to the boys and me...  if you smell Sulfates near a battery
> that
> has been charging.  -Disconnect the power at the electrical panel first.

Mordy:

Thanks for sharing that.  Important stuff!

Bill Dentinger

PS

Last year I started using 'Battery Tenders Plus' for my cars.  I got the idea
from Jeff Snook, who uses them for the cars in the Bowling Green Museum he
and his dad have.  I bought a case of them to get a good price, and then sold
the ones I did not need to friends.  They work slick.  Easy to hook up when you
store a car, and it maintains the battery with a trickle charge (and only when
needed).  Before that I was ruining batteries by over charging them.  I never
had one explode, like you described, but I had a couple swell up like melons.
 Our cars get 'put away' November through April, and the batteries are
maintained at full charge.  Start right up come spring (usually around 4th of
July
here in Wisconsin).