fot

Re: battery boom.

To: MDunst / Gasket Works USA <gasket.works@gte.net>
Subject: Re: battery boom.
From: Michael Porter <portermd@zianet.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 08:35:29 -0600
MDunst / Gasket Works USA wrote:

>I had the charger on "activate" mode vs. "automatic" -so it overcharged and
>heated the solution... and released the H2.

I had something like this happen to me a few decades ago--I'd agreed to
work on a neighbor's tractor, and as I was charging the battery before
getting it started after an engine rebuild, the idiot walked up and
started grinding a weld on the frame--shower of sparks directed right at
the charging battery.  I ducked and covered my eyes in time, but when
the battery exploded, it showered me with acid.  Lost a set of clothes
and a little skin that day.

Cheers.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....