fot

Re: Blackhawk Addendum

To: emanteno@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Blackhawk Addendum
From: JReed@wilson.com
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 08:24:58 -0700
I have to credit FOT. All the knowledge out there is amazing. I've been
running a Lucas dizzy since the car was given to me in 1980, with the
usual headaches. Last season was a disaster. So not to go to far ahead in
technology I installed a Mallory dual point. It works great.Needs to be
curved so I can get past 7000. Also put on those beautiful horns that
Uncle Jack, Joe Alexander had made. Grunt out of the corners is very nice.

I was running first in the feature race when oil line let go in T6, talk
about being scared. I spun around and ended up just off the track at the
turns exit. I'm looking at this giant oil stripe that goes through the
turn right to my car. I was like a giant magnet. Cars sliding at me,
around me, spinning, all with no control.Next lap they do it again!! I was
very lucky not to get collected. That said it was a wonderful weekend.
Beautiful weather, great friends and my new motor is OK.

John Reed
Wilson Sporting Goods Co.
Staff Photographer
773-490-8908

Effective immediately, please note my new email address has changed to
jreed@wilson.com

emanteno@comcast.net
Sent by: owner-fot@autox.team.net
06/21/05 06:50 AM
Please respond to
emanteno@comcast.net

fot@autox.team.net (FOT)
cc

Subject
Blackhawk Addendum

Not previously mentioned in the Blackhawk Farms reports was the overall
win in his qualifying race for FOT John "Zippy" Reed in his way too fast
GT-6. John runs in Group 8, and there are some seriously fast Porsches and
MG's in there, but they were no match for John. I had to leave the track
early, so I didn't stay for his race on Sunday, hopefully he did as well.

I still remember John passing me in my very first race in 1992, which was
also at Blackhawk. He passed me between corners 4 and 5, and I wondered
then how he could do that. Scared the crap out of me when he did it.

;-)

Years of watching him run, both as a corner worker and now as an alleged
driver, have showed me how.

Good show, John.

Irv Korey

it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact
the sender and delete the material from any computer.