fot

Re: TR-6 Rear Disc Brakes & mild rant...

To: JReed@wilson.com, BillDentin@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR-6 Rear Disc Brakes & mild rant...
From: Fubog1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:26:08 EDT
In a message dated 6/22/2005 10:05:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
JReed@wilson.com writes:

I'm not  sure the Toyota caliper conversions are legal  either.

This is one of the main problems with Vintage racing today, there are no
rules in some groups. Alternate brakes, suspension, gearboxes, final drives, no

real compliance checking for engine displacement, etc, etc, etc. Some of these
 "Vintage" cars couldn't come close to meeting Production rules TODAY,
nevermind "period" rules. Mods done for safety reasons can surely be
justified, &
I'm not against "creative engineering" as I'm sure guilty of it  myself...
But... these cars have been raced in a basically "standard"  configuration
since
they were NEW, so I don't really see why all these mods are  necessary...
just my not so humble opinion as always,
Glen