fot

Power and headers

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Power and headers
From: Chuck Arnold <chuck.arnold@oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 23:07:35 -0700
Haven't yet read the Classic article on Richard good's car.  Like the
comment's I have seen in the digest mode.  I will have to dig out my
dyno runs -- something like 158 at the wheels [before I put an even
hotter cam in].  12:1 compression and definitely 100 octane racing fuel
[the price of which has barely changed in 2 years -- if gas prices keep
rising it might even reach the $5.60/gallon I pay in the Seattle area].

I have a question on headers.  Where does one get a group 44 header?
What is its configuration?  I will want to do something different in the
TR5 I am setting up for racing than the TR6 described above as regards
headers, and am interested i options such as the gp44.  The 6 has
ceramic coated Pacesetter 6 into 1 [then into 2.5" pipe and magnaflow 50
series exhaust].  Sounds awesome on the track, would be a killer for any
road driving -- you'd need earplugs [helmet provides the necessary
dampening].

Any other suggestions for a brand of header for maximum flow in our 6
bangers?  I know I am going to some form of secondary after the header
in the 14-16" range [see Vizzards article at
http://popularhotrodding.com/enginemasters/articles/hardcore/0505em_exh/index1.html].
Check out this site if you are interested:
http://www.burnsstainless.com/MergeCollectors/mergecollectors.html

Chuck