fot

RE: Power and headers

To: "'Ernest Husmann'" <ehusmann@sbcglobal.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Power and headers
From: "Don Carter" <don@carterdesignassociates.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:43:06 -0500
Ernie,
You might add to your reply-ee that I ordered the 6-2 with 2-2" pipes all
the way to the rear and I love the sound and performance. Reminds me of the
old dueled-out 6 cyc Chevy or the XK 120 of yesteryear.   TRF got it to me
in 8 weeks from Falcon. (Maybe a record). The headers come in two separate
pieces and the rear three pipes fit around the starter rather snugly and
required, (on my car at least), that the frame flange be cut away about 1/4
inch to fit.  Stiffening the frame had already been done so I didn't have to
worry about the flange weakening the fragile structure.

Don W. Carter, AIA
Carter Design Associates
6213 Skyline Dr., Suite 100
Houston, Texas 77057