fot

KATRINA

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: KATRINA
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 13:35:29 -0700
I see the newsgroup has gotten off topic... with discussion about
KATRINA...

What's sad is that the discussion both here and in the media has turned
to finger pointing... and thus... politics...

To blame George Bush for decades of mismanagement of hundreds of miles
of levees is ridiculous, there's plenty of blame to go around.    Do we
ignore decades of the federal, state, and local government's failure to
deal with such a predictable disaster?

When we should all be coming together, like Bush, Sr. and Clinton,
leading relief efforts as a team, the last thing we should be doing is
wearing our political hats...

What I hate to see here, in FOT.... is politics coming between it's
members.     I want to continue to associate names on here with their
quality posts about Triumphs and racing... not with their politics....

 From experience, I know it's impossible to stifle off-topic discussions
in a newsgroup.  And I also know it's such a big event, that I don't
know how it could pass that there aren't some posts about it.
Therefore, I make this post not to suggest any form of censorship, but
to just ask that people consider trying to check their politics at the
door as best as they can.  You can shoot the messenger here, but I have
no regrets making the request.