fot

Re: Replacing the front brake rubbers

To: JReed@wilson.com
Subject: Re: Replacing the front brake rubbers
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 09:10:06 -0500
Are yours Beck-Arnley? I think I bought 2 sets of the Beck-Arnley kits a
couple years ago.  The first one installed had the melting problem, so I
saved the other kit as a back up.  I believe that the rubber has shrunk
during the two years.  I had a heck of a time getting the pistons past
the seals even without the dust boots.  When I went to bleed the brakes,
one was leaking because the edge of the seal had been sheared off by the
piston.