fot

Re:: Cooling System

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:: Cooling System
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 14:04:17 EST
== fot at autox.team.net supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
==    http://fatchancegarage.com

My last good TR3B MK ll head had a crack in the squish area, right in the
combustion chamber.  I ran this head with stop leak for several years.
The stop leak does last for at least part of the season, and I added more
when necessary.
I never had any problem with the radiator flow; I simply ran a garden hose
flush every year or two. This worked both with the STD. radiator and the trick
alloy one.

I also routinely ran stop leak with the pop-up head to keep the oil cleaner
when the head gasket seeped, and cover for the possibility of a small rock
hitting the radiator.

I run Bar's in my street TR3A, GT6+, and 67 Etype

For many years every new Jaguar left the factory with Bar's in the system;
you will find a Jaguar part # for it if you look.

Bar's was the brand that I put in first, as it is inexpensive and good; if it
alone did not work, I would add the Justice Brothers stop leak that looks
like a green slime/avacado dip!

Hardy