fot

Re: Cooling System

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cooling System
From: Dave Riddle <dave@microworks.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 14:21:39 -0700
== fot at autox.team.net supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
==    http://fatchancegarage.com

I have used both without issue.  The last time I used them at the track the
radiator in my Formula 500 sprung a leak in a seam along one side during a
practice session running at Arizona Motorsports Park.  As I remember, the
leak was slightly longer than 1". Drained the radiator.  Used some silicon
sealer to put a temporary patch to stop the water flow when I refilled,
while the sealer was setting up I left the track to run over to a Check
Auto and bought some Bars. Got back, refilled the radiator with water and
water wetter (with the silicon keeping the water in the cooled tank),
poured in the indicated amount of stop leak and made it out for the
Qualifying session. Never had a problem again with that radiator.  That was
about three years ago.