fot

Car Classification and Rules

To: "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Car Classification and Rules
From: "dos_gusanos" <dos_gusanos@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 18:57:10 -0700
OK.......A couple of observations.

1.  Grassroots Motorsports did a great big feature in one mag I remember
reading about all the great things roller rockers were going to do for the
performance of your engine.  I understand the article is underwritten by the
manufacturer, but are they lyin' or you.
2.  I think I can tune S.U.'s as well as most guy's who don't have tail pipe
sniffers at their disposal.  I fussed around with my SU's a lot and then one
day a buddy gave me a Weber and said try it out.  It was awesome out of the
box.  Same guy took the SU's he was struggling with off his Volvo and strapped
on two Webers and was five seconds a lap quicker.  Another Volvo Driver from
SOVEREN was lamenting the loss of his Webers.
3.  I can Identify the vintage Spirit at least 100 yards away.  If a guy's got
the roller rockers, the Webers, widened the track of his TR-3 to the TR-4
width lowered it so far the exhaust pipe has to be routed out the spare tire
door or replaced the engine in his Austin Healey 3000 with the Australian
aluminum 4000 liter, his goal is to out spend and over engineer the
competition.  There are guys with rear wheel drive Minis in the SCCA just
waiting for these folks.
4.  Glass body parts are a cop out.  When I prang my car I get out the hammer,
dolly and file and pound it out myself.  Or buy a better one on ebay or a
replacement from one of our favorite vendors.  MOST guys I see replacing their
stuff with glass are just anticipating their next prang.  I fear contact
because of what I know about the cost and anguish of repair and hope to
participate with guys who share these sensibilities.

Cheers, Henry Morrison