fot

Invasion of the wrenches

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Invasion of the wrenches
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 09:01:17 -0600
                                :) Beware the Invasion of The Wrenches :)

On this morning's TV news, there was a discussion of relaxation of
airport security measures. They are going to allow small sharp
objects -- and small tools -- in carryon luggage.

Two months ago, Joe Alexander and I were going through airport
security on one of our senior trips. In his carryon bag, Joe had one
of his now-famous Triumph Wrenches - one end for the drain plug, one
end for the brake adjuster. (see Moss and TRF catalogs). Joe was
stopped and the wrench confiscated. Now, if you know Joe, you'll
understand that he is a very threatening-looking guy, so it was not
surprising. Anyway, even with with me chuckling to the the security
guard that this was really a tool for adjusting a 50 year old
automobile's brakes and probably wouldn't work in the plane's
lavatory, the wrench was sent back to catch up with my checked-through luggage.

The implications of the change in regulations could be enormous. TR
wrenches on international flights, TR wrench necklaces, TR wrench
toothbrushes, people boarding planes while wearing T-shirts
emblazoned with a picture of the wrench and "Kiss my Brake Adjuster"
or "Go Drain your Rear End".

Guys and gals planning to take an airplane flight, assert your
rights! Get your wrench now before they are all gone.

uncle jack