fot

Re: Triumph Deal

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumph Deal
From: "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 19:40:01 -0600
Thank you, thank you,  thank you. We will not disappoint. The Euro driver that
could possibly show up is mild mannered and his car is less devilish than the
Brits. I think it might even make our rules. I know he runs 60 series tires. I
have not heard anything about any Brits planning to come but those that came
in the past were well behaved and drove according to our rules and spirit of
vintage racing. I will make it my personal mission to make sure all FoT
entrants understand what it means to drive vintage. I will send out CVAR
TECHNICAL DECLARATION FORMS for them to fill out in advance and send to me so
we can get the few modern spec cars sorted out for classification. I don't
expect any issues but just in case you can be assured that we will self police
in addition to the iron hand of Bob Green.

The event is the: 2006 FoT International Triumph Challenge, aka the "Shoot-Out
at the OK Corral" at Hallet Motor Racing Circuit, March 30 through April 2,
2006.

Again, thank you.

Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

September 12, 2005 - The Friends of Triumph (FOT), in conjunction with
Corinthian Vintage Auto Racing (CVAR), and the Texas Friends of Triumph
(TxFOT) announces the 2006 FOT International Triumph Challenge, aka the
"Shoot-Out at the OK Corral" at Hallet Motor Racing Circuit, March 30 through
April 2, 2006.

CVAR has named Triumph the featured marque for the 2006 Spring Vintage Races.
Traditionally a 3 day event, TxFOT is arranging for an additional practice day
in conjunction with Pinnacle Motorsports to make this race event a track time
"Bonanza" for participants. Track owners, the Stephens family, have been known
to put out a fabulous Saturday evening feast for race participants and a
Friday night FOT affair is being planned as well. So get ready, mark your
calendars, and plan to load up and fire your way out to the Shoot-Out at the
OK Corral!

Each year members of the Triumph vintage racing community try to set aside one
race weekend to get as many racing Triumphs together in one place. FOT has
long desired an opportunity for an East versus West battle, but the long tows
have prevented many willing participants from making it to some very good
events. The USA core of the Friends of Triumph group is spread from coast to
coast and from border to border, but fortunately the Hallet Motor Racing
Circuit, near Tulsa Oklahoma, is within a day's drive for many of us and a two
day's drive for the rest. With this in mind, Kas Kastner  will be awarding the
Fourth Annual Kastner Cup at the shootout. MSN Maps provided the distances
below:

Hallett from Austin, TX - 503 miles

Hallett from St Paul MN -770miles

Hallett from Chicago IL - 727miles

Hallett from Atlanta GA 822 miles

Hallett from Richmond VA 1249 miles

Hallett from Hartford CT 1511 miles

Hallett from Anaheim CA -1440 miles

Hallett from Portland OR- 1907 miles

Details are still being worked out, but here are some important facts. Cost
will be $100.00 per day. CVAR runs a full schedule of practices and races on
Saturday and Sunday and each participant will be eligible to run in their
assigned race group for 3 sessions on Saturday and 2 sessions on Sunday. In
addition there will be an extra Triumph practice on Saturday and the Shootout
on Sunday. Friday is CVAR's Test and Tune day with alternating Closed and Open
wheel test sessions. Thursday will be an open track session in conjunction
with Pinnacle Motorsports. They often rent the track on Thursday for extra
track time, and we are partnering with them for this event. You may have seen
these guys as they came to both the Gold Cup in 2004 and the Mitty in 2005
with gaggle of finely prepared small bore cars. The question is, "how much
track time can you handle"?

CVAR classifies FP through HP cars in Group 2, CP through EP in Group 7, and
all cars built to a 1961 SCCA spec are eligible to run in Group 4. Triumph
based Specials will be placed in Group 4 unless otherwise requested. CVAR has
tentatively agreed to allow newer spec cars and TR7/8 models, subject to a one
time waiver and classification. So don't miss this opportunity. With all the
talk about not getting enough track time, and all the hassles at the bigger
venues, we think the 2006 International Triumph Challenge will exceed
expectations.

For more information contact:

Bob Kramer, CVAR-FOT                    rkramer3@austin.rr.com

Larry Young, CVAR -FOT                 cartravel@pobox.com