fot

RE: Nice day, upcoming event

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Nice day, upcoming event
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 22:03:37 -0800
Cool idea. I do the Colorado 500 every so often--it's for motorcycles,
there's both a sport bike one and a dirt bike version. Costs quite a bit,
and theoretically you can still get a ticket, but you put these big decals
on your fairing and half the money goes for scholarships for cops kids. You
can guess the rest. My buddy and I came up on an unmarked cop car in the
middle of the desert at a very high rate of speed--I was maxed out on my
Ducati 916 so it was north of 150--as we approached planning to zip by him
he flipped on his gumball in the back window. We both stood our bikes on
their nose getting slowed down. He could have written us a ticket for about
anything, but he just waved us by. I or people in our little riding group
got stopped four times in five days and never got a ticket.

Too bad it's so close to Monterey, might be fun to give the 360 some
exercise.