fot

Re: TR3/4 CARB LINKAGE

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3/4 CARB LINKAGE
From: Mike Jackson <grandwazoo@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 18:38:31 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Changed mine to a pull cable to also avoid all the flopping around the
original linkage is capable of if not carefully maintained.  I could
take a couple of pictures if you wish.  Only light fabrication
required for a pretty nice installation that is then trouble free.

Also, one needs to carefully apply a well disciplined body hammer to
the inner fender to clear even the smallest of aircleaners after
mounting the long manifold.

As Glen Efinger has taught me over the years, any improvement comes
with it's own downside that must be eventually addressed.  You've
discovered the first.  The second is that the long manifold will
eventually develop cracks due to the weight of the carb being farther
out and being bounced around on a race track.  Any you see on cars
that have been racing for a while will have substantial gussets welded
in place to help that problem.

Mike Jackson