fot

Re: TR3/4 CARB LINKAGE

To: <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3/4 CARB LINKAGE
From: "Bill Sohl" <billsohl@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 23:28:08 -0500
I temporarily installed a pull cable in my TR-4 back in
the late 60s.  A fellow navy shipmate and I were heading back to
base when one of the linkage pins on the throttle linkage
of my TR4 took leave of itself and left us throttle-less.  We had
an electric iron in the car so we were able to tie the electric
cord of the iron on to the linkage, routed the cord out from
under the hood (left the hood unlatched so it had about
3 inches of clearance at the rear of the hood)
on the passenger side and then motored back
with me driving while my shipmate worked the throttle by
hand from the passenger seat.

Cheers,
Bill Sohl