fot

RE: TR6 gearbox synchros

To: Terry And Cindy <roadandtrack@hypermax.net.au>,
Subject: RE: TR6 gearbox synchros
From: atenglish@mindspring.com
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 20:04:14 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

I must agree. The ones we have imported recently are terrible. I get a
better result by bead blasting the hubs and using old ones, especially
changing 4th syncro ring to 2nd.

Terry O'Beirne

Well I feel somewhat vindicated. I did a lot of 'dumpster diving' from the days
at the JRT dealer and beyond. I would save things like slightly worn syncros ,
air pumps , sport coils , carbon release bearings etc. It is a shame that so
many of the new parts we get now are inferior to well used ones. It has been
hard to convince some customers that a used part is better than a new one in
many cases.

Alan Taylor