fot

[FOT] AN Plumbing Question

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] AN Plumbing Question
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 17:07:35 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

I've gone and dumped the TR6 vacuum booster and stock MC and replaced them
with a Wilwood pedal setup with Tilton MC's. The MC's have the outlet
facing the firewall and there's not too much clearance to allow an AN-3
union which would allow my to run 3/16" bundy tubing with tubing nuts for
hard lines to the MC.

At any rate, to try to use what little space I have between the MC's and
the firewall, I decided to try using some right angle AN-3 unions. This
should do the trick except for one problem... when I thread the unions
into the MC's they "align" in different orientations, some straight
up/down (the preferred orientation) but others pointing down (bad) or to
the side. Any orientation other than "up" makes for very tight quarters
for working the fittings when needed.

So, I'm trying to find out if there's any sort of washer or other method
that I can use to get the unions all pointing the same orientation?

Also, these are steel unions (I couldn't find ALUM -3 anything) threading
into aluminium - is this "kosher"?

My alternate tack is to buy Girling MC's that have the outlet on the
thrust side of the MC, but that means 3 more MC's at $125+ each. I'd like
to avoid that option unless there's no other option.

Similarly, I haven't found a definitive web site describing AN hardware
and options when you're using AN stuff.

regards,
rml
p.s. have fun at Hallet - I'll be wishing I was there while I work on the
race car.
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx