fot

[FOT] Hallet highlights

To: "Amici Triumphi" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] Hallet highlights
From: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 01:02:47 -0400
What a great race weekend. The weather was dry when the track was hot, but we
sure had weather excitement. Saturday night we got hit with a storm that
brought 70 mph winds and driving rain that wreaked havoc in the paddock, but
everyone soldiered on.

A few noteable events... Several overcame adversity, some were unable, but
everybody pitched in to keep our friends on track. Uncle Jack dropped a valve
head, and somehow it got wedged in it's hole in the head and the piston
survived. A late night back at Larry Young's shop, along with a loaner head
from Larry got Jack back on track. Unfortunately Jack suffered an unrelated
malady that proved terminal, so when Jack learned Bill Dentinger's head gasket
went, he pulled Bill's head only to find it warped. So off comes Larry's loaner
head from Jack's car and it goes on Bill's. The wrenching continued through
Kas's champagne party, but no joy. Fresh minds and bodies perservered Sunday
morning, but we accepted defeat when the dipstick showed an extra quart or so
in the sump that was milky white.

Mordy Dunst spent a day or so with his car in the air until he found a
replacement for a broken rear axle, Steve Smith had to resort to his spare
engine on Thursday. Larry Young cracked a liner in his TR3 on Saturday, and
after watching one session from the stands he looked at me and said "This is
rediculous, I can run with these guys!" He went back to the paddock, loaded his
car on the trailer and dragged it home. He pulled a late night and got the car
back together and back to the track for Sunday's sessions.

The Classic Motorsports team of Tim Suddard and JK Jackson had a super weekend
with both Tim and JK winning races. Read all about it in an upcoming issue on a
newstand near you!

My nomination for most improved driver goes to Dennis Delap. He certainly
turned things up a notch, even scored a second place in a race on Saturday. Way
to go Dennis!

Another very worthy mention to Mike Munson. Mike overcame a variety of issues
and finally got his TR6 to run cool enough to make more than one lap. He
charged through the field while learning the track and finished well in his
group race. Then in the all Triumph race he piloted his car to a solid second
place finish. Well done Mike!

A big congrats to Bob Kramer and Larry Young for putting this all together.
They really put on a fantastic event, with the very friendly and capable help
of CVAR and the Stephens family, owners of the track.

Boy, what else... The TR250K, Chuck Gee flying through the black flag marshall
pits getting the "naughty boy" finger and the keep going at the same time and
only losing one spot, I know I am missing so much.

I'm tired, can't wait to get home.

Henry Frye
Stuck in Atlanta's airport waiting for my connector flight home
Sent from my Treo PDA