fot

[FOT] Water Pump

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] Water Pump
From: "Gary" <vintage.racer@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 16:41:28 -0700
Hello:

Thanks to all of you that responded to my question regarding the TR4 water
pump pulley.  Seems aluminum pulleys are pretty hard to find, especially as a
stand alone product.  I did find one supplier who had one but only they are
only available as part of a kit which includes the alternator and crank
pulleys.  With your help I have two solutions to my damaged pulley:

1.  Bore, sleeve and machine the existing aluminum pulley which costs much
less than having to buy a whole pulley kit (I already have the alternator and
crank aluminum
     pulleys).

2.  A GT6 pulley uses the same thinner fan belt as the aluminum pulley but
requires some modification to fit the standard TR4 water pump.  However, it
should be more
     durable than the aluminum pulley.  I found a stock GT6 pulley for $10.

I've decided to do both and use the modified GT6 pulley as a backup.

Gary