fot

[FOT] Hoosir Speedsters

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] Hoosir Speedsters
From: Wes Dayton <oilyrag@hsrca.org.au>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 09:31:17 +1000
Unless I missed it, nobody seems to have commented on their experiences with
these new tires? I got the impression that a few people were trying them out
at some recent events and I saw some notes asking about them - but that's
all I've seen.

They are becoming available here in Australia and we are trying to get them
approved and are running into some opposition and we don't want to do a lot
of "fighting with authorities" only to discover they weren't worth the
touble.

For your interest below are some comments received from the people that
approve tires for our class - please note that we are limited to a tire with
60% or greater aspect ratio.

>From authorities: "The dimensions showed that of the tyre listed as 60% was
really 54% and therefore ineligible, leaving us with one tyre, the 185/65R15
which I note they list as 65% but measures 60%!  Note that all their sizes
have the same diameter - they are all made in the one mould and use spacers
to get the section width."

Wes Dayton