fot

Re: [FOT] push rods

To: Jeffery Senty <gp89@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [FOT] push rods
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@bright.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 07:59:19 -0400
Jeff, since we supply the original alloy pushrods as sold by  British
Leyland's US comp. department, here is the answer.  You need to measure
teh "effective" lenght of the pushrod.  This is the distance fromt eh
bottom of the pushrod cup to the tip of the pushrod ball.  Overall
length will not be useful.  You can make an "adustable" pushrod to
determine needed length.  Take a piece of wood dowel rod.  The diameter
of the dowel should be the same as the diameter of the ball on your
pushrod.  Cut the dowel about 1/2" shorter than the current pushrod.
 Sand the end soit is rounded similar to the pushrod.  On the other end,
insert a wood screw.  by turnign the screw in or out, you can make an
adjustable pushrod.  When you are done, measure teh lenght.  We
cansupply custom length pushrods for the same price as the sotck.  Our,
and BL's part #, V168 forthe Spit.  We supply these for all TR's and
MG's.  $69.95 on our website.  Ted

--
Ted Schumacher
tedtsimx@bright.net