fot

RE: [FOT] Looking for TR6 Dyno Pull info

To: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] Looking for TR6 Dyno Pull info
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 11:49:59 -0700
Henry:

You make a good point about the dyno info.  That's the reason I'm trying
to get as much data as possible.  I'm trying to get a feel for typical
rear wheel horsepower for a stock TR6 rather than actual numbers.  Then
I can pencil in a baseline to compare against the actual results we got
on the dyno.

I'm more than a bit disappointed that we did not get base line dyno
pulls before doing the blower installation.  Unfortunately the entire
kit would have to be removed and the stock carbs installed before it
could be tested again.  That isn't going to happen before we hit
publication deadline.

People like to see pretty dyno sheets on a product like this, so I'm
working to oblige.  The image we end up with is just a basic comparison
graph which does not give any real indication of what the car is like to
drive.  But graphs seem to be what people want to see.

The critical thing for me is to not over estimate the performance gain,
we try to give reasonable numbers that can be achieved.  The more I
understand about horsepower gain, then better and more accurate the
presentation will be, so information on modified engines is also
helpful.

So, many thanks to the members who have sent me information, and I am
looking forward to the promised dyno figures.

Based on current costs, I've put a working retail price of $3495 on the
kit.  There may need to be some more costs factored in, which would
cause the figure to rise, but we have tried to keep the kit as
affordable as possible.  We have gotten some flack about the cheapie
looking air filter, but that was intentional.  We figured that is one
area a new owner would like to customize, so included the cheapest
filter that would flow adequate air.  The original filter specced was a
cool K&N, but that would have added a lot to the cost of the kit.

The kit should be adaptable to a GT6 with the later head ports.  No luck
on the early Mk1 head.  No idea if it will fit under the bonnet, but
that's why the Gods created plasma cutters.

Kelvin.