fot

Re: [FOT] F1 tomorrow??

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] F1 tomorrow??
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 23:31:55 -0500
At 05:35 PM 5/14/2006, Rocky Entriken wrote:
>>The actual race starts at 8:00 am eastern, but they are doing a tape
>>delay and probably substituting the excellent Speed TV announcers
>>with the usual CBS amateurs.
>
>(post-race) -- I wouldn't have thought of Ralph Sheheen and Derek
>Daly as amateurs, but Sheheen kept referring to "grand prixs" (the
>plural of that French phrase is grands prix) and Daly did nothing to
>enlighten him.
>
>--Rocky Entriken

I was particularly impressed by the way they cut away from the
post-race driver interviews halfway through so we could hear more
from Ralph and Derek.  You get to hear from the drivers so little,
and I already got to hear a couple of hours of Ralph and
Derek...  They certainly are better than when that had that doofus
from Beverly Hills 90210 (Jason Priestly) announce for the US GP (he
didn't know the driver names, and tried to make a big deal about tire
wear which wasn't an issue that year), but not nearly as fun as the
trio that Speed has as the F1 announcers.

- Tony