fot

Re: [FOT] FOT fortune cookie

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [FOT] FOT fortune cookie
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 16:51:46 -0500
As one who makes his daily bread through wordmongering (howzat for inventing
a word? I'm a writer), I've always held the view that language is
ever-evolving and pronouncements that "(pick any noun) is not a F*^%ing
VERB" overlook that basic fact of linguistic evolution.

That said, "architect" seems to me a very clumsy verb when "design,"
"create" or even "draw" work so much more nicely. So Oxford Dictionary or
no, it's not a word I'd choose in a verb form.

But then -- "Keep Triumphing" -- do we mean "keep winning" or do we mean
"keep driving that TR"? Another noun gets verbized (as distinct from
verbalized -- and another word invented).

(the last sentence primarily intended to keep the post within list
parameters) :-D

--Rocket J. Squirrel