fot

Re: [FOT] redundant fuel pumps and check valves

To: "Scott Janzen" <S.Janzen@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [FOT] redundant fuel pumps and check valves
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 08:05:29 -0800
Especially since you would really need two of them.  It depends on
your fuel pump. If you use the diaphragm type, they already have a
check valve in them, if you use rotary ones then put a fuel pressure
regulator at the outlet of each pump--they are effective check
valves, or at least big flow restrictions when their associated pump
is off. You have the added benefit of a spare regulator and the
ability to change fuel pressure right from the cockpit for testing--
set one high and one low. even the good Holley regulators (the ones
that have a allen screw pressure adjustment) are reasonably priced--I
think about $30. You can even avoid plumbing a T is you get one dual
outlet one--just add a cross-connect pipe.