fot

Re: [FOT] New Frame

To: budscars@msn.com, edwardbarnard@prodigy.net,
Subject: Re: [FOT] New Frame
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 15:05:50 EST
In a message dated 11/16/2006 3:01:15 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
budscars@msn.com writes:

>I don't imagine you'll have a problem with the solid axle  4A frame, but,
>how does your race organization fel about a '62 TR4  showing up with IRS?
>These are the cases that Joe A and Tony addressed  on the list last
>month...he can build it for you, but, will "they"  allow it? Thanks - Ed

I can't imagine any open minded organization would object. This would have
been perfectly legal under the "update/backdate" provision in the SCCA and FIA
regulations. The car would just become the newer model. I believe that most
groups classify the IRS car the same as a straight axle car anyway.

Jack Woehrle
SVRA Technical Director