fot

Re: [FOT] Re: Acceleration specs ...

To: Kas Kastner <kaskas@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [FOT] Re: Acceleration specs ...
From: Susan Kahler <spitfiresuz@141.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 18:19:20 -0600
That reminds me of the Shockwave jet truck vs. Pitts Special airplane
race we saw at the air show a few weeks ago. The semi tractor has three
jet engines and is quite impressive. It holds a record of 365 mph! The
plane (top speed in the 200's) went waaaaay up and came screaming down
in a dive while the truck was stationary (and popping his
afterburners--you could feel it in your sternum, how cool). When the
plane (doing about 225) reached the truck and leveled out, the truck
started, and got going with a huge roar and blaze of fire. The plane was
so far down the runway we thought there was no way the truck would catch
it. About halfway down the runway the truck just blurred and streaked
past the plane, doing about 360 mph! It was AWESOME! :)

Keep Triumphing,
Susan :)

--
*** PCMCIA  People Cant Memorize Computer Industry Acronyms ***