fot

Re: [Fot] TR2 Valve Cover Needed

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>, "Triumphs"
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR2 Valve Cover Needed
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 18:54:44 -0800
> Hello all...   I am now the proud owner of 1954 Triumph TR2  Commision #
> TS 805 LO.

I had the pleasure of seeing your car a few days ago, Justin ... VERY nice!
Hard to believe how well preserved it is.

> Does anyone have an original TR2 Valve cover (and cap)  that,
> preferably, doesn't need to be re-chromed?

TR2 rocker covers were painted black rather than chromed.  AFAIK the caps were
never chromed, although the design did change slightly around the time the TR3
was introduced.

If you still want a chrome cover, you can have one of my TR3 ones.  Just let me
know which club meeting you'll be at ...

Sorry, can't help with either a chromed, or a correct TR2 cap.

Randall