fot

[Fot] Setting sights on the salt

To: fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Fot] Setting sights on the salt
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:01:49 -0700
A fair bit of traffic the last few days on the FOT list.  I've been meaning
to write up some info about the various changes to the list, the server and
such.  But for the moment, some thoughts about the Salt Flats.

A Triumph powered run for a record could be fun.  A LOT of work, desperation,
heartbreak, etc.  But it could be fun other than that.  And it might make a
good story for Kas' next book!

Perhaps the first step  will be to get the TR7 at least driveable, and set my
sights on getting into the 130 MPH club with the Utah Salt Flats Racing
Association.  These aren't the guys who do the big Speed Week event, it should
be a much more gentle approach to seeing what it is all about.  Check out
http://www.saltflats.com for more info.

Hmm, maybe I can schedule some IVR events next year to coincide with Salt
Flats events, give me a chance to get out there and check some things out,
maybe even make a run for the 130 MPH club in fall of 2007.  We shall see.

--
mjb.

http://fatchancegarage.com

Wee fish, ewe, a mare, egrets, moose