fot

Re: [Fot] Header primary lengths

To: "Michael Porter" <portermd@zianet.com>, "Bill Babcock"
Subject: Re: [Fot] Header primary lengths
From: "Terry Stetler" <tlizzard@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 07:27:35 -0500
RE: [Fot] Header primary lengths
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bill Babcock<mailto:BillB@bnj.com>
  To: Terry Stetler<mailto:tlizzard@msn.com> ; Michael
Porter<mailto:portermd@zianet.com>
  Cc: SHANE Ingate<mailto:hottr6@hotmail.com> ;
fot@autox.team.net<mailto:fot@autox.team.net>
  Sent: Sunday, January 07, 2007 9:55 PM

  "Big radials had short pipes because the engines rotated."

  Only WW1 era rotary engines such as the Gnome Rhone had the cylinders
rotating around a fixed crankshaft with the propeller bolted to the block.  A
the WW2 radials, such as the Wright Cyclone R2600 and Pratt and Whitney Twin
Wasp R2800 were conventional in that the engine block was stationary and the
crankshaft rotated inside it.

  I know I'm picking nits here, but I do love aircraft.

  Terry Stetler