fot

Re: [Fot] Header primary lengths

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Header primary lengths
From: "Marx Christian tr4-racing" <chris@tr4-racing.de>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 20:15:31 +0100
I would think that a short pipe is the ideal combination of weight and
function.
Those engines in fighters and bombers had compressors to give the plane more
flight altitude.
With a compressor the ram effect of the exhaust is not really needed and on
the other hand this technic was very new then.
It is possible to design a ram effect on a single pipe too but as the F1
shows, using the other cylinders to help power output is the way to go.

Chris