fot

Re: [Fot] Source needed for single-flare brake lines

To: <Fubog1@aol.com>, <triosan@gmail.com>, <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Source needed for single-flare brake lines
From: "Scott Janzen" <S.Janzen@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 18:05:03 -0500
The beauty of the single flares (using the tube nuts etc as sold by Pegasus)
is that you can disconnect and reconnect and they do not leak, unlike the
bubble flares, which are compressed the first time they are attached, and
never seal again.  For someone who had the rear uprights on and off the GT6
about five times in a month ( another story there) this was a necessity.
I have split the tubing on both while flaring by overtightening the tool,
but much easier to get it right with the 37 degree single flare. Bill
Babcock turned me onto this about two years ago on this forum and it was the
right solution.  Just put an adaptor fitting on those British wheel
cylinders to for the 37 degree set-up and go from there.