fot

Re: [Fot] Source needed for single-flare brake lines Bubble

To: S.Janzen@comcast.net, triosan@gmail.com, jrherrera90@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Source needed for single-flare brake lines Bubble
From: Fubog1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 18:46:38 EST
In a message dated 1/10/2007 6:06:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
S.Janzen@comcast.net writes:

The  beauty of the single flares (using the tube nuts etc as sold by Pegasus)

is that you can disconnect and reconnect and they do not leak, unlike the
bubble flares, which are compressed the first time they are attached, and
never seal again. .

Scott the POS bubble flares aren't even in the discussion. They suck &
always will, for the reason you mentioned. The point is whether or not the 45
degree JIC flare will mate to the 37 degree AN using the AN818/9 B nut/tube
sleeve. As I said, Pegasus tech says yes, & the many hundreds of fittings  that
have done in this manner confirms that fact.... however from the  responses to
this post, I'm going to agree that it's best to use a 37 degree  flare vs
45... but I have not had any problems using this method & right off  the top of
my
head I can say that I've done at least 15 complete systems in this  manner.
(good run-on sentence!).
Now... my only problem is how am I going to order a 37 degree tool from
Aircraft Spruce without ordering a whole bunch of other cool stuff that they
have
in their catalog that I may or may not need ;-)
Thanks to all,
Glen
Buuurp... it tastes like crow...!