fot

[Fot] Small Open Trailer for sale

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Small Open Trailer for sale
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 13:53:02 -0600
I'm upgrading trailers, and need to sell my current trailer.  I
thought I'd offer it here before I try the e-bay route.  I'd like to
get $600 for it.  It's a single axle trailer.  It has 3 brand new
good trailer tires.  The two main wheels are decent looking mags, the
spare is a steel wheel with a hubcap  to dress it up.  It has surge
brakes, but they don't work and are disabled.  I had planned to
install electric brakes but never got around to it.  With my current
tow vehicle (Astro Van), the lack of trailer brakes hasn't been a big
issue.  I have been using it to bring my TR-4 to and from the
track.  It would fit a TR-6, TR-4, TR-3 and probably a Spit or
GT-6.  Maximum tread width of vehicle is 59 1/4".  The total length
of the car area is 143", the front wheel stop is 17" from the
front.  The fenders are a bit over an inch outboard of the tire
tracks, so the vehicle body width is limited to something like
61"  It's fairly low to the ground, and has a low approach angle with
the included ramps.  Lights work.  It's a nice home built trailer
made by a guy who did stock car trailers, I think.  You hardly know
it's back there when towing other than somewhat increased stopping distances.

Crude dimensional drawing and pictures available upon
request.  Pictures will show a hand winch, but I'm keeping that for
the next trailer.

I'd help with delivery within a reasonable range from Moline,
Illinois for travel expense costs.

- Tony Drews