fot

[Fot] crank shaft order.

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] crank shaft order.
From: "M. Dunst, Gasket Works USA" <gasket.works@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 09:22:40 -0800
details.

I have spoken to the Crankshaft engineer at Crower and he indicates that the
crankshaft desing I want them to make is duable.  This design is similar to
ones that you may have seen from British companies incorporating "dummy"
mains.  This would have a definite advantage in bringing circulating mass more
to centerline.  How this effects harmonics and RPM profile seems to make
intuitive sense.
http://www.racetorations.co.uk/dampersetc/pages/sump_guard_etc.html

Above is a link to  photo that Jim Cun sent to me.   This crank is a forging
but, certainly can be machined from billet.

I have reved motor reliably to well over 7k using four 7/16" ford flywheel
bolts and one dowel pin.  Never in 15 years have I had a problem.  The heads
on these ford bolts are extra large and I don't think placing more of them
will be needed.   Crower indicates that If I start changing a lot then the
price goes up.

So, in that light I suggest the following--

Crankshaft with your choice of journal size - lets keep it simple  Std TR, Std
5.4 L ford journal (same size as TR but, narrower).  So, if you order a Std
TRiumph Jo size you can in the future get 5.4 Ford rods and  they will work
with appropriate center spacing of the piston on the pin.   Chevy ok.

Scroll removed and lip seal replacement

Four bolt pattern at 7/16 with two dowel pin.

Make two  Checks out  payable to Crower $1,150.00 each USD.

Send Checks to me and I will hand deliver to Crower.

Include your shipping address, specifications and daytime contact # and
Email.
They will ship to you directly fob Crower San Diego.  I suspect shipping could
be charged to CC.

The sooner I get the $ the sooner We get this done.

Make haste please ... a lot of people are waiting to make this happen.

contact me off line or Call me please

M. Dunst
www.headgasket.com
Gasket Works USA, LLC