fot

Re: [Fot] Gauges Sets?

To: r.mackenzie@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Gauges Sets?
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:35:55 -0500
Rob McKenzie wrote:

>Also, I want to install the external electrical shut-off switch as
>required by most race clubs.  Any sources on that particular item would
>also be appreciated.

I used a Flaming River "Big Switch".  These monsters are rated at 250 amps
and surges to 2500 amps for 5 seconds.  They come in various styles with
levers for remote mounting, and removable keys for theft deterrence.  Check
them out at:
http://www.flamingriver.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=results/Category_ID=133/home_id=76/mode=cat/cat133.htm
then do a Google search for the best price.  They are not cheap, but an
extremely high-quality part with a very reassuring THUNK when the switch
closes/opens.

Shane Ingate, switched on in Maryland