fot

Re: [Fot] Recalcentrant Bolt!!!

To: "Bill Babcock" <billb@bnj.com>, "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Recalcentrant Bolt!!!
From: "Mark Eginton" <mee23@cornell.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 19:46:15 -0400
Yes I had a broken tap removed from an aluminum Vintage Harley head without
destroying the aluminum threads using EDM. Its amazing but the peice must fit
in the machine, usually bathed in dielectric liquid. Mostly used for making
plastic molds with machined carbon electrodes...

THanks for all the advice; I am soaking the bolt all week with penetrating
oil - cannot find Kroil but using something else. It is actually a bolt (I'm
pretty sure), the one that the hand crank engages.

This weekend I plan to pull the pan (gotta do it anyway), use a 2x4 to lock
the crank and I plan a WWF smackdown - wish me luck...